Wednesday, April 1, 2009

About this blog

My name is Joe Green and this is a blog about boatbuilding. 


Me.

Specifically, this blog is about my current projects; but I also hope to illustrate the difference between what is taught in school and what is practiced in the shop. The title of the blog was inspired by the "get it done" attitude of shop work, which seems, at times, to require "running with a router." The pace of a large, professional boat shop is distinctly different than that of the quaint operations in which I've been working. 



I was educated at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding in Port Hadlock, WA and apprenticed for 6 months in The Netherlands building 17th Century Dutch fishing boats (above photo). When I moved to Portland, OR, I worked  briefly as a carpenter before continuing my work as a boat builder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment